A watch is a lot more than a device that keeps time. For some, it is a style statement, while for others it provides a lot of weight to their personality. Research studies have confirmed that the choice of a watch can be directly correlated to the personality of a person. Even though technology has provided the feature of keeping time in almost every device that has been developed over the last few decades, none of them have been able to dent the popularity or sales volume of watches. In fact, technology has made watches smarter and loaded them with a lot more features. There are several categories in which commercial watches can be classified. We take a look at the common categories that have been popular with men and women over decades.
- Women’s watches: Generally, women prefer watches that have a small dial and a slim band. Contrary to the popular perception, watches with a metallic band look extremely impressive on a female hand, which is why these watches are always in demand. Since the dial area is small, there is not much space to include chronographs and other utilities, but some watches come with a pearl dial that gives it different shades from different angles. Moreover, some of women’s watches have stones and gems embedded in them, thereby serving the additional purpose of being a bracelet. Learn more by visiting mvmt review.
- Men’s watches: Watches for men are generally bulkier than other watches. Although watches with a metallic band are available in abundance, a black or a brown leather band also suits the male hand equally. Moreover, these watches have enough space to hold chronographs and calendar utilities. A few of these devices have automatic charging facilities wherein the machine derives its operational power from the body heat.
- Kids’ watches: Kids generally prefer light-weight colourful watches that are generally meant to look good on them. Most of the kids’ watches sport a plastic or a rubber band so that it could be worn comfortably for long hours.
- Sports watches: Ideally chosen by athletes and sportspersons, these watches mostly have a digital display rather than the traditional analog one. The main idea behind the design of sports watches is to provide the owner with multiple useful functions, which is why features like stopwatch and night-viewing can be found on these watches.
- Smart watch: These are devices that provide additional computing abilities apart from displaying the time. By connecting to your smartphone via the Bluetooth connection, a smart watch can accept calls, click photos, play music and a lot more.